By Thomas Metzinger
Read or Download Being No One: The Self-Model Theory of Subjectivity (MIT Press) PDF
Best philosophy criticism books
An interdisciplinary and modern reaction to Irigaray’s paintings. considering with Irigaray takes up Irigaray’s problem to imagine past the androcentric, one-subject tradition, selecting a lot that's priceless and illuminative in Irigaray’s paintings whereas additionally wondering a few of her assumptions and claims.
A specter is haunting philosophy -- the threat of Hamlet. Why is that this? Wherefore? What may still we do? getting into from level left: the philosopher's Hamlet. The philosopher's Hamlet is a conceptual personality, performed by way of philosophers instead of actors. He plays no longer within the theater yet in the house of philosophical positions.
Significant essays by way of Feuerbach, advancing his humanist and atheist idea. Ludwig Feuerbach’s departure from the normal philosophy of Hegel opened a door for generations of radical philosophical thinkers, best between them the younger Karl Marx. certainly, a lot of early Marx is unintelligible regardless of yes basic Feuerbachian texts.
No matter if we're facing items or situations, packaging or studies, territories or electronic structures, layout isn't something yet a means of switch, invention and hypothesis that usually has fabric, tangible implications that have an effect on behaviours and lives. Drawing on a variety of members, case reports and examples, this publication examines ways that we will take into consideration layout via Deleuze, and the way Deleuze's proposal may be experimented upon and re-designed to provide new suggestions.
- The Philosophy of Literature: Contemporary and Classic Readings - An Anthology (Blackwell Philosophy Anthologies)
- Engaging the World: Thinking after Irigaray (SUNY series in Gender Theory)
- Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged: A Philosophical and Literary Companion
- Democratic Philosophy and the Politics of Knowledge
- Dennett and Ricoeur on the Narrative Self (Contemporary Studies in Philosophy and the Human Sciences)
- The Extended Mind (Life and Mind: Philosophical Issues in Biology and Psychology)
Additional info for Being No One: The Self-Model Theory of Subjectivity (MIT Press)
Being No One: The Self-Model Theory of Subjectivity (MIT Press) by Thomas Metzinger